Skip to main content

Catch-Up!

So life has certainly moved quickly since I last checked in.  The holidays are all past us and they were a blast :)

Halloween was good but rainy in the Houston area.  The whole family dressed up - even the Mr!  It was the first time in all of our time together (almost 12 years) that he has every dressed up for Halloween.  It was so fun to see, even if the kids were scared of his costume - complete black out....
The kids all collected way to much candy and we all ate way to much candy :)

Thanksgiving was also a lot of fun.  We travelled to Arkansas to spend it with our families.  It's always so nice to see everyone but I always love coming back home to our house, with our things and our bed!  While visiting for the holiday, my sister and I were able to squeeze in a couple of runs.  The first run was at night and of course it was raining the whole time but it was a lot of fun.  We live so far from one another that running together is real treat for the both of us.

The second run was the weekend before we left to come back to Texas and it was a mud run - but it wasn't supposed to be.  The temps had dropped and it rained pretty much every day for 5 days before the race.  We were covered in mud and froze while waiting for the race to begin - it started almost an hour later than planned.

Christmas - probably my favorite holiday!  It was the first Christmas in our new house so I was really trying to find our "theme" and colors that would last and not tire of by next year.  I stuck to the basics - red, white, a little green, and brown/burlap texture with a little glitter.  I found some great deals on Christmas items at JCP and saved a lot of money :)

My sister was able to come and visit us for Christmas but had to leave on Christmas Eve and I had to work...No running for us even though we both said we would, lol.  Sometimes sleep wins.

The best part of Christmas besides having my sister here was that we got a dog!  He is a beautiful, 2 year old red bone coonhound.  His name is Elliot and he is becoming my new running buddy in the mornings.  Unlike most running buddies that you can occasionally flake on, I can't flake on him.  He will stand at the bedroom door and cry and bark until I am ready to go.

Our running time is also his first outdoor/potty time of the day - hello dark, and cold Texas mornings :)

Once I have a chance to gather all of our photos, I will post décor pictures and of course Elliot pictures!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Black Dress

As opposed to the little black dress the simple black dress for me is a bit more casual and can be worn a multitude of different ways. Yesterday for instance I paired my simple black dress with tall brown boots, a floral scarf and a little beige sweater/cardigan.  It look instantly pulled together, comfy, yet office appropriate for a Monday with no meetings in sight. The dress pictured and linked is very similar to the one I wore from Old Navy that I picked up a couple of summers back for $10!!  The scarf is identical and I love it!   I wear it with a lot of items in my closet.  The sweater/cardi is similar in color and I love how comfy yet pulled together it is.  The boots are similar as well in color and style. Dress , Scarf , Sweater , Boots     

Indoor Tri

So as of yesterday, I am signed up to complete an Ironman Indoor Triathlon!  I have no doubt that it is easier to complete an indoor triathlon but I'm sure it will still be challenging. So here's the low down - I will swim laps for 10 minutes, bike for 30 minutes and run for 20 minutes.  All seems easy right?  Yea, that's what I thought as well until I got in the pool to swim laps yesterday with the Mr.  Swimming has become much harder the older I have gotten!  I remember swimming the day away as a kid and never being tired or ready for a nap as soon as I crawled out of the pool, lol.  I attempted to swim the majority of the 10 minutes with a regular stroke - a breast stroke I believe it what it is called.  Again, so hard!  I had to keep changing the way I was swimming, so I would flip over and swim/float on my back and then I would swim underwater for a while and then again, swim over.... Needless to say, I will need to practice on the swimming part the most :) I bik

Popsicle Recipe

Happy Friday - the 13th - everyone!! Here's to a great Friday and a great weekend for all of us :) We have a low key weekend planned for ourselves - haircut, pool time and a run for this momma. I'm sure the hubby and I will get to the gym as well and get in at least one workout over the weekend.  Then we have our littlest ones birthday on Monday.  She'll be FIVE?!!!  How did that even happen? Anyway, one thing we are hoping to get planned this weekend is making our own popsicles because we all have a little sweet tooth.  If you want to make your own here's a quick little recipe below. If you need the Hydate - you can find it here .