Skip to main content

Training....

Hey y'all!  Summer is officially over and all of the kids are in school!!!  Oh my gosh, no more daycare!!  It's a strange place to be since we've always had at least one or all 3 in daycare for the last (almost) 9 years....

Training.....

We are training the kids and have been training the kids to only eat at the kitchen table.  And to leave all electronics somewhere else besides the kitchen table. 

Training can be an odd word when used in relation to kids but it's so accurate.  Kids are trained in what to do and how to behave.  No they aren't animals, but they learn by being trained and watching the adults in their lives.  In the past, we've been a little lax and let the kids eat in the living room and occasionally have food in the playroom.  But we've had carpet installed upstairs and we've very recently purchased new living room furniture. 

So what better time to train the kids and our selves to only eat at the new kitchen table :)  Yes, we are training ourselves also because we've made a bad habit of eating in the living room as well.

Another form of training in my life right now is marathon training...but I'm slacking and haven't run in a full week :(

Last Wednesday I went out for a quick 1 mile run on my lunch break to get my speed work out of the way.  About 1/2 mile into my run I tripped and crashed on the gravel trail.  If you've ever fallen while running you know its not a hard stop but more like a sliding action across most surfaces...  Mine was crushed gravel and dirt.

So for the last week, I've been nursing a gnarly looking leg wound and a sprained ankle - yay me!  My ankle finally stopped feeling (mostly weird) about 2 days after I crashed.  My leg, that's another story.  It still hurts if I keep it elevated for awhile and need to get up.  Think getting out of bed in the morning and your leg feels like its going to split open and there's so much pain you can't walk - that's me.

So one week after my beautiful crash and burn I'm starting to finally feel more normal and I can't wait to go for a run.  Maybe I'll do that tomorrow but at a much slower pace on the trail.

Due to my injury, marathon training is really falling behind.  I haven't even been able to cross-train during this time because of the pain.  So to say that I'm behind the curve is an understatement but I've run a marathon before and I know that I have the mental strength to do it again.

On a more positive note, I'm so happy to let y'all know that I will begin leading FREE workouts on the weekends in connection with No Excuse Mom!!!  I wanted to start sooner but obviously wasn't able to.  Once I have the schedule I'll be sure to post it here :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Black Dress

As opposed to the little black dress the simple black dress for me is a bit more casual and can be worn a multitude of different ways. Yesterday for instance I paired my simple black dress with tall brown boots, a floral scarf and a little beige sweater/cardigan.  It look instantly pulled together, comfy, yet office appropriate for a Monday with no meetings in sight. The dress pictured and linked is very similar to the one I wore from Old Navy that I picked up a couple of summers back for $10!!  The scarf is identical and I love it!   I wear it with a lot of items in my closet.  The sweater/cardi is similar in color and I love how comfy yet pulled together it is.  The boots are similar as well in color and style. Dress , Scarf , Sweater , Boots     

Indoor Tri

So as of yesterday, I am signed up to complete an Ironman Indoor Triathlon!  I have no doubt that it is easier to complete an indoor triathlon but I'm sure it will still be challenging. So here's the low down - I will swim laps for 10 minutes, bike for 30 minutes and run for 20 minutes.  All seems easy right?  Yea, that's what I thought as well until I got in the pool to swim laps yesterday with the Mr.  Swimming has become much harder the older I have gotten!  I remember swimming the day away as a kid and never being tired or ready for a nap as soon as I crawled out of the pool, lol.  I attempted to swim the majority of the 10 minutes with a regular stroke - a breast stroke I believe it what it is called.  Again, so hard!  I had to keep changing the way I was swimming, so I would flip over and swim/float on my back and then I would swim underwater for a while and then again, swim over.... Needless to say, I will need to practice on the swimming part the most :) I bik

Favorite Combo's

I have a couple of color combinations that I love together and was recently reminded of one that I don't wear all that often - beige, black, dark pink/fuchsia and blue/teal for an extra pop of color. I was a little lost on what I was going to wear to work the other day because nothing seemed appealing that was clean.  I had to literally force myself to just throw something on and when I did, I was in love!  And I love when that happens on those terrible mornings. Cardigan , Button-Up , Shoes , Skirt Here is an example of a similar outfit that I wore this week with the colors that I mentioned.  All items are similar to the brand and price point that I was at for all items purchased.  In addition to making a great outfit when put together, they also are wardrobe staples that can help you create many, many outfits with items already in your closet. I hope that y'all have a great weekend!