Skip to main content

Meet Elliot








So this is our newest family member, Elliot!  He came to his new forever home with us on December 24, 2015 and life has been a little more crazy since :)

The above are just a few of the wonderful pictures I have currently of him on my phone.  As you can see, he fits in very nicely to our family and we wouldn't have it any other way.

He has made himself comfortable on every piece of living room furniture for long naps and cuddles.  He has tested out the level of comfort of every bed upstairs and downstairs.  He has even joined the girls for dress up time as the lovely Queen Elsa.

He has even fulfilled the role of my running buddy for those morning runs that I have a love/hate relationship with.  He is a bit like me if it is really cold in the morning - he would rather come back inside and snuggle on the couch until the kids wake up and its time to get ready for the day.

He has also filled the important role of protector even though he can be a bit nervous/unsure from living in a shelter.  Just last night, he walked with me to the car just steps away from the front door and spotted two men in the road.  He immediately put himself in between me and them and made sure that they knew they were not welcomed and had been spotted.  It was the first time that I had seen such a protective side of him since he typically like everyone he comes in contact with on our runs.

It has been several years since we have had a dog and even longer since we have had one in the house and I can't put into words how much I have missed it.  At times, he is my biggest helper and will bark/chase the kids upstairs.  Other times he is one of the kids that I am telling to get off of the coffee table, or stop running on the house and jumping off of it.

Even though he is a big dog - about 60 lbs, he is an inside dog.  This decision was partially made for us due to the fact that he has separation anxiety.  The first time that we had to leave him to get breakfast and go to the store he destroyed our mini blinds trying to look for us out the window.  He now has a crate by the front door that has become his safe place if the kids are too much and where he is on alert and ready for us to walk through the front door.

I look forward to many happy years and loads of great memories with our Elliot :)

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Indoor Tri

So as of yesterday, I am signed up to complete an Ironman Indoor Triathlon!  I have no doubt that it is easier to complete an indoor triathlon but I'm sure it will still be challenging. So here's the low down - I will swim laps for 10 minutes, bike for 30 minutes and run for 20 minutes.  All seems easy right?  Yea, that's what I thought as well until I got in the pool to swim laps yesterday with the Mr.  Swimming has become much harder the older I have gotten!  I remember swimming the day away as a kid and never being tired or ready for a nap as soon as I crawled out of the pool, lol.  I attempted to swim the majority of the 10 minutes with a regular stroke - a breast stroke I believe it what it is called.  Again, so hard!  I had to keep changing the way I was swimming, so I would flip over and swim/float on my back and then I would swim underwater for a while and then again, swim over.... Needless to say, I will need to practice on the swimming part the most :) I bik

Simple Black Dress

As opposed to the little black dress the simple black dress for me is a bit more casual and can be worn a multitude of different ways. Yesterday for instance I paired my simple black dress with tall brown boots, a floral scarf and a little beige sweater/cardigan.  It look instantly pulled together, comfy, yet office appropriate for a Monday with no meetings in sight. The dress pictured and linked is very similar to the one I wore from Old Navy that I picked up a couple of summers back for $10!!  The scarf is identical and I love it!   I wear it with a lot of items in my closet.  The sweater/cardi is similar in color and I love how comfy yet pulled together it is.  The boots are similar as well in color and style. Dress , Scarf , Sweater , Boots     

Upcoming Trip

So in just about 2 months exactly I will be in Berlin Germany for a work trip!  I am super excited about getting to travel and am really looking forward to putting together some great outfits for the trip.  The flight is going to be about 13 hours total, so comfortable attire there and back is also a huge must.  My flight was only 4 hours to Panama so my attire was a maxi skirt, short sleeve shirt, jean jacket and knock-off Toms that are some of the most comfortable shoes I own. There is never much down time so all of my attire has to be business casual or business professional.  Last year, I went to Panama City, Panama so I can't take the same outfits since the climates are drastically different.  So over the next few week, I will be sharing ideas I have for what I will wear for the conference.  And what items I will be adding to my wardrobe :) I am really hoping that I will have a bit of time to run with a co-worker so that we can see some of the sights