Skip to main content

Changes....

So I feel like this blog is going to be changing.  Firstly, I have done anything since December!!!  That is a really long time to have no new content at all.

Second, I don't know that I want to continue having the main content be fashion.  Although I love a good deal and find, it is not my true passion in life.  I'll still share what I find that is amazing but the focus is going to be shifting.

Third, I don't have all the time in the world to shop, take photos and then edit and post them.

So....  I'll be updating the blog soon with a new look.  The them will center more around running and fitness in general.

Running is my air.  It is what keeps me centered and focused and sane.  If I wasn't able to run I would be completely different person and one that I probably wouldn't like very much.

So since my last post, I've completed a half marathon in December 2017, a full marathon in January 2018 and I'm now looking at completing a 50k in December 2018 with my sister.

The half marathon that I completed was amazingly hard.  The weather was warm for Houston in December.  But it was amazing and it was a women's only half with amazing medals and mimosa at the finish line.

The full marathon that I completed was the Chevron Houston Marathon and was by far the most amazing race I've ever completed! It was also the hardest thing I've ever done.  The support pre-race was fantastic, as well as the expo the week/week-end before the race.

One race day, there was really only one section with no spectators and that made it very silent and hard to be along with your thoughts at the end.  The rest of the time, there were amazing posters, food, drinks, cheers and the best energy I've ever experienced.  I can't wait to do it again!  Here's to registration opening and that my calendar doesn't let me down :)


The 50k that I am aiming to do will take place in Houston and I'm hoping that my sister is fully on board and able to complete the entire thing with me.  She has issues with her hips so I don't know that a 50k is doable for her but I'm hoping that with training and a good run/walk interval set-up we can do it together.


So here's to good things happening on the horizon and new changes for this blog.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Simple Black Dress

As opposed to the little black dress the simple black dress for me is a bit more casual and can be worn a multitude of different ways. Yesterday for instance I paired my simple black dress with tall brown boots, a floral scarf and a little beige sweater/cardigan.  It look instantly pulled together, comfy, yet office appropriate for a Monday with no meetings in sight. The dress pictured and linked is very similar to the one I wore from Old Navy that I picked up a couple of summers back for $10!!  The scarf is identical and I love it!   I wear it with a lot of items in my closet.  The sweater/cardi is similar in color and I love how comfy yet pulled together it is.  The boots are similar as well in color and style. Dress , Scarf , Sweater , Boots     

Popsicle Recipe

Happy Friday - the 13th - everyone!! Here's to a great Friday and a great weekend for all of us :) We have a low key weekend planned for ourselves - haircut, pool time and a run for this momma. I'm sure the hubby and I will get to the gym as well and get in at least one workout over the weekend.  Then we have our littlest ones birthday on Monday.  She'll be FIVE?!!!  How did that even happen? Anyway, one thing we are hoping to get planned this weekend is making our own popsicles because we all have a little sweet tooth.  If you want to make your own here's a quick little recipe below. If you need the Hydate - you can find it here .

Indoor Tri

So as of yesterday, I am signed up to complete an Ironman Indoor Triathlon!  I have no doubt that it is easier to complete an indoor triathlon but I'm sure it will still be challenging. So here's the low down - I will swim laps for 10 minutes, bike for 30 minutes and run for 20 minutes.  All seems easy right?  Yea, that's what I thought as well until I got in the pool to swim laps yesterday with the Mr.  Swimming has become much harder the older I have gotten!  I remember swimming the day away as a kid and never being tired or ready for a nap as soon as I crawled out of the pool, lol.  I attempted to swim the majority of the 10 minutes with a regular stroke - a breast stroke I believe it what it is called.  Again, so hard!  I had to keep changing the way I was swimming, so I would flip over and swim/float on my back and then I would swim underwater for a while and then again, swim over.... Needless to say, I will need to practice on the swimming part the most :) I bik